Friday, July 26, 2013

Swirls Bah Humbug!





I have admired all the beautiful soaps that have the most awesome
swirls ever since I began soaping.  Well yesterday I decided to try my hand at it.  I have seen all the pretty soaps that were entered into the Mantra Swirl contest (given by Great Cakes Soapworks) on utube and thought I can do this....LOL!  After cutting out the dividers for my mold and preparing my soap dividing it into 4 different colors I poured.  DISASTER!!! 
My card board dividers collapsed and I had one big mess!!  I left it all in the mold and gelled overnite  for rebatching.

Not one to give up today I decided to try the linear Swirl from Soap Queen in my 9 bar slab mold.  I used a recipe with a lot of olive oil which usually moves very slow for me but used a fragrance oil called Beach Baby that I bought from Nature's Garden but has since been discontinued and I didn't have any info on how it soaped.  You can guess what happened ..... it riced on me and by the time I blended it out and added the colors I could barely scoop it into the mold!

Tried to make it look like waves LOL!

 
On a positive note it does smell good!

Have A Blessed Day!
Gloria




26 comments:

  1. I really think they do look like waves and even though it didn't turn out how your were expecting, I like the final result! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne-Marie! I'll give it another try tomorrow!

      Delete
  2. That actually turned out very cool...it really does look like waves!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Cee. It looks like the ocean waves during a storm. Pretty cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear that your mantra swirl didn't work out. And it's a bummer that the FO accelerated and riced on you. The soap still looks cool, though - I like the colors, and the wave look fits the FO name nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you ladies for all your kind comments! I won't give up.....going to try a mantra swirl again tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Honestly from here is looks really wonderful~ it reminds me of the waves in the old Japanese paintings by Katsushika Hokusai.
    ♥Sharon

    ReplyDelete